Wednesday, October 20, 2010

YUMMY!! Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings...

I finally decided it was time to get the crockpot down today!  I have always loved cooking in the crockpot. They are so easy to use and no matter what you cook, it always taste like you have slaved over it all day.  Well little does Logan know.. I sure didn't slave over it!  One recipe that I made all the time for Logan's friends while in College was Chicken and Dumplings.  It was a big hit and everyone always asked for more!! 

Ingredients

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • A little salt, a little pepper, and whatever else you can find!
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces or I like use Mary B's already made frozen dumplings.
  • Or you can do it the hard way and make your own dumplings:
2  cups sifted flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4  teaspoon salt
3   tablespoon butter
1/4  cup milk
1  egg

Beat egg and 3/4 cup milk together.  Pour into remaining ingredinets.  Mix and roll thin.  Cut in strips and drop in boiling broth. 


         1.Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker along with your spices and fill with enough water  or (chicken broth---that's what I like to use) to cover.
          2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Nothing better than coming home from a long day to this yummy dish!! Enjoy!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs